Privacy & Cookies Policy
GT Goodyear Ltd (Goodyear Furniture Centre), is registered in England and Wales, Company number 1790837.
We are a “Data Controller” for the General Data Protection Regulation GDPR. The information contained within this notice must be provided to you under the GDPR.
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which information will be processed by us. It will also explain in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us as one of our customers or through your use of our website at www.goodyearfurniture.co.uk. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
Data Protection Principles:
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your information will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about and kept securely.
Our Legal Basis For Processing Data:
- Consent: In specific situations, we may collect and process your data with your consent. This could be a tick box to receive news letters or details of promotions. We will always make if clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
- Contract: In certain circumstances we may need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. In order to supply a product or service we would need details such name and delivery address.
- Legal Compliance: If the law or regulatory body requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
- Legitimate Interest: In specific situations we may require your data to pursue our legitimate business interests. This would be resonably expected as part of running our business as long as it does not impact your rights.
When Do We Collect Your Data:
We may collect your personal information by the following methods or situations:
- When you visit our website.
- When you make a purchase in store, by phone, email or via our website.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you make contact with us by any means with queries, requests or complaints etc.
- When you fill in any forms online or instore.
- When you visit our store or car park, we operate CCTV for security and safety, CCTV may record your image.
Personal Data We Collect:
If you purchase a product or service, communicate with us, or do business with us, this will result in us collecting some personal data. We may collect, store and use the following types of data:
- Name, address, other contact details and payment information.
- Details about conversations, complaints or purchases you have made.
- Your image may be recored on our CCTV system.
- This list is not exhaustive. We do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How & Why We Use Your Personal Data:
- To process orders that you make in store, by phone, email or our website. If we don’t collect your personal data we will not be able to process and fulfill our contractual obligations in supplying a product or service to you. Handling your information allows us to respond to your queries, requests and complaints.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions from occuring.
- To keep you informed by web, email, telephone or text.
- To send you communications required by law or important changes to a product or service.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement if requested by a court.
- We operate a CCTV system which records images for the purposes of security and safety.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes (all data is anonymised) and then the data is removed from the system. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Declining cookies may limit the way that you are able to interact with our website.
When someone visits www.goodyearfurniture.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
How We Protect Your Personal Data:
Data security is very important, we have appropriate measures in place to prevent personal information from being accessed and used by unauthorised persons. We limit access to those employees who would need access to personal information. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and manergerial procedures to safeguard personal data.
How Long Will We Retain Personal Data For:
We will only retain and process your personal data for as long as necessary for purposes for which it was collected. This includes any accounting, legal or other reporting requirements, at the end of a retention period data will be deleted or destroyed depending on it’s format. Typically data will be held for upto seven years to comply with legal and contractual obligations. With extended warranties, data may be held for up to ten years or longer depending on the the warranty period.
Who We Share Your Personal Data With:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data or information to third parties unless we have your consent, or are required by law to do so.
We may share your personal data:
A third party such as an upholsterer, technician or delivery courier to carry out a service at your request.
If we sell our business.
Where the law dictates we must.
Rights to access your data:
You have a right, to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you within one month of the request. In most cases this will be free of charge. If you believe that any information held is incorrect or incomplete, you should contact us. This will be amended promptly, contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
Online: By using our website submission form (contact us).
Phone us on: 01704 821577
Or write to us at: Goodyear Furniture Centre, 12A New Street, Mawdesley, Lancashire, L40 2QP.